Unilever International is Unilever’s White Space Arm. As the 9th global cluster, we work across US, Europe, Africa, AMET, South Asia, SEAA and North Asia to fill white spaces for Unilever. On one hand we are completely responsible for building all of Unilever’s brands in white space geographies like Korea, Pacific Islands, Mongolia and on the other we are now leading the launches of big brands like Lifebuoy, Sunlight, Fair & Lovely, Tresemme among others into big markets like the US, China, Western Europe and SEAA.
Job Position: Marketing Manager – Shopper Marketing Nigeria , Unilever International
Reports to: Marketing Manager
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job Type: Regular
Shift: Day Job
Job Schedule: Full-time
Deadline: October 16th 2020
Join the WhatsApp Group below to receive latest Job vacancies in Nigeria
Nigeria has the largest population of any country in Africa, with over 200mil people, 50% of whom live in urban cities. The market size of Deo’s is currently small at only E64m, with low penetration and consumption, and has been identified as a priority “Future Growth Market” by the GCLT. This means Nigeria will receive the support of Global Category to develop this market with support from the global Rexona team, with a MD strategy, plan & relevant support assets.
The ambition is to double the size of the business within the next 3 years, through a structured and consistent “market development” approach, using the best practice from other developed Deo’s markets globally.
The people resource vision is to have a small Deo’s squad, based in Nigeria, to lead the market development work. This squad will comprise 1 x UI CD Manager (Deo’s Business Unit Lead) + 1x Marketing/Brand Manager (responsible for deployment of the marketing development program across all channels).
- A self-starter, with a strong bias for action, unafraid to get “your hands dirty”.
- Help Marketing Manager in planning & marketing deployment to ensure we build sustainable growth going forward.
- Local Shopper marketing insight & market knowledge, with ability to get things done working through people & activation agencies.
- Drive Consumer Activation and large scale
- Engage with Category Team across different Key MT and LMT chains to develop best in class In store execution
- Good grasp of ROI of key activation, ability to learn from past campaign and keep improving as we go on the journey
- Ability to hold self & others accountable.
- Ability to think & work independently, whilst managing key stakeholders.
- Accessible & transparent, always ensuring good communication with Global / Regional Category team.
- Strong values of integrity & transparency
- Prior experience in Shopper Marketing is also an advantage.
- Job requirements – be open to being flexible
The successful candidate will have a high bias for action, deep passion for building brands, openness to new ideas and approaches, willingness to work with the team to make an impact on the market and a sense of responsibility, measuring performance by results.
The role will report into the Sr. Marketing Manager – NAMET RUB & AFRICA for Unilever International based in Lagos Nigeria . The role will interface with all Unilever categories at Director / Brand Manager level and UI supply chain, Local MOCs and finance teams across UI and Local MCO.
Key Skills / Experiences / Qualifications
Exceptional drive and a positive passion to create brilliant mixes and create exceptional marketing solutions
- Willingness to break records
- Focus on continuous learning
- Deep consumer empathy and inquisitiveness to find solutions beyond the obvious
- Ability to challenge the status quo and ask the question why not
- Willingness to engage in robust discussions on strategy and air your own point of view
- Confidently work with senior stakeholders without losing one’s point of view
- Decisiveness and initiative to lead the agenda and set the stage for great results
Marketing Manager, Global BD brand teams & Local Modern Trade team across brands and categories, UI SC and Finance
- Experience in BB /or Shopper Marketing in any region globally with a strong consumer focus
- Strong track record of consistent in market delivery
- Deep desire to do something exceptional in life
- 3-5 years experience in Branding and Marketing
- Bias for Action
- Growth Mindset