AEDC is responsible for owning and maintaining the distribution network and supporting equipment. In addition AEDC is required to manage meter installations, carry out servicing and billing, co-ordinate consumer credit and revenue collection.
- Job holder is responsible for providing typical professional-level administrative support to the Director Legal Services and contributing to the effectiveness of the organization.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Acts as the first line of contact for the office of the Director Legal Services concerning any inquiries; relays complex/sensitive information and instructions as appropriate.
- Provides accurate responses to inquiries and determines the correct course of action or redirects inquirers to appropriate person/area.
- Coordinates and organizes detailed calendars, events, reports, agenda planning and prioritizing appointments; prepares an account of meetings and designates and follows up on assigned action items
- Organizes and manages the departments’ documents in accordance with established tools and resources, ensures compliance with internal document retention policy; ensures department-confidence and safeguards operations by keeping information confidential.
- Generates, manages and distributes general memos, reports and mails to appropriate authorities in a timely manner
- Provides logistic support by researching and compiling information/documentation for the preparation of reports, assembles and organises materials for meeting and coordinates projects as directed by the Director.
- Tracks and assists in closing out on assignments and tasks for Legal Services staff.
- Flags and follows up on outstanding /overdue assignments.
- Prepares weekly and monthly report of activities for the Director.
- Requests and follows up on delivery of office supplies and monitors usage.
- Conducts proper filling and retrieval of documents/acknowledgment.
- Reports and monitors maintenance of office equipment.
- Follows up on prompt payment to External Counsel, where necessary
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Director to support the efficient operation of the department.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- LLB. BL
- Minimum of 3-5 years post call work experience in a related organization, providing support for upper-level management in a professional environment where confidentiality, initiative, sound business judgment, attention to detail, a fast pace and a flexible and adaptable approach are valued.
- Advanced level of proficiency working with Microsoft Office suite.
- Relevant knowledge of legal terminology, syntax, and forms.
- Experience with legal document drafting.
- Ability to prioritize deadlines, organize a diversified workload, and recommend office process improvements as necessary.
- Ability to adapt well to fluctuations in workload and changes in responsibilities Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Exceptional planning and organizational skills with a quality focus and attention to details and proactivity with ideas and recommendations for productivity and efficiency.
- Extensive experience managing calendars for multiple individuals and determining the priority of meeting requests and events.
- Exceptional verbal and interpersonal communication skills, grammar, business writing, and editing, proofreading, and presentation preparation skills
Other Required Competencies:
- Time management
- Problem-solving skills
- Resilient and able to deliver under pressure.
Interested and qualified candidates for “Executive Assistant at the Abuja Electricity Distribution Company (AEDC Plc)” should click on the APPLY HERE button below.
The Cover Letter should be addressed to:
Abuja Electricity Distribution Company Plc,
No.1 Ziquinchor Street, Off IBB Way,
Wuse Zone 4 – Abuja, FCT.
Attention: The Executive Director, Corporate Services.
- All applications should include curriculum vitae and a cover letter.
- The subject of your email should be “Position applied for.” Failure to follow the instructions will lead to disqualification of your application.
Application Deadline: 18th January 2021