Access Bank today is the largest bank in Nigeria and Africa’s leading bank by customer base. It is a full service commercial bank operating through a network of more than 600 branches and service outlets, spanning three continents, 12 countries and 36 million customers. The Bank employs 28,000 thousand people in its operations in Nigeria, Sub Saharan Africa and the United Kingdom, with representative offices in China, Lebanon, India and the UAE. It continues to look at opportunities to build its network in global trade and payment centres, helping Africa to play its part on the world stage.
- Develop and maintain the back end of the product.
- Gather user requirements, write code using an agile methodology, and continuously update the back-end code of the product.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders, the development team and Scrum Master to develop, design, build and launch the product
Functions and Responsibilities:
- Works closely with end-users to identify issues and captures business requirements
- Integrates user-facing elements developed by front-end developer with service side logic
- Translates business requirements into system design specifications
- Performs appropriate development and testing activities
- Optimizes the application for maximum speed and scalability
- Deploys regular releases in an agile approach
- Creates appropriate documentation as defined by the agile development methodology
- Works closely with business stakeholders and end users to develop an understanding of how the applications are used by the user teams being supported
- Designs and implements data storage solutions
- Maintains competency in the technologies related to responsibilities.
- Works on complex systems analysis and programming assignments with minimal supervision; expected to independently determine solutions
Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or a related quantitative discipline
Minimum of 4 years of back-end development experience
IT certifications and other professional qualifications will be an added advantage
- Knowledge of Scrum/Agile or Kanban software development processes
- Proficient in back-end and front-end development
- Knowledge of platforms and tools, such as ASP.NET MVC 5, C#, sequel serve database, Visual Studio, and Microsoft Azure
- Knowledge of source code control tools
- Experience with big data technologies, such as Hadoop, Hive, and Pig, Cloudera, or large data warehousing initiatives
- Experience with systems deployed on Unix/Linux/Solaris environments
- Experience in developing applications in Windows based application
- Able to build a sense of trust and rapport that enables the team to fulfil requests within the desired SLA.
- Provide overall team guidance and fix all escalations
- Ability to work in a fast paced, collaborative environment
Recruitment Deadline: Not Specified