KPMG Professional Services and KPMG Advisory Services are the KPMG member firm in Nigeria. The partners and people have been operating in Nigeria since 1978, providing multidisciplinary professional services to both local and international organisations within the Nigerian business community.
1. Job Position: General Manager Service and Spare Parts
Provides leadership and direction to the Dealership team:
- Personally demonstrates and encourages the Service team to exhibit values and Customer centric behaviours in their daily activities and in all interactions with customers
- Role model who sets high standards of behaviour and ethics for all staff at the service centres
- Builds and develops a stable team that works together to drive and deliver performance
- Promotes a culture of learning and development, leading by example by constantly seeking to improve own skills and performance
- Ensures that legal, environmental and health and safety requirements are adhered to by all, while ensuring the safety and security of people, vehicles and property
- Works with Executive Director to set the strategic direction for the business in line with the company’s overall strategic objectives
- Creates, communicates and implements company’s service strategy, policy and business planning for short, medium and long term
- Builds influential relationships with manufacturers, professional bodies and statutory representatives
- Ensures service facilities are managed to support the brands represented and to meet the needs of the business and legal/statutory compliance requirements (e.g. managing and monitoring various facilities, managing maintenance and security of existing equipment & buildings, Health & Safety)
- Works with Executive Director to develop Marketing/PR strategies for the Service division and becomes involved in its implementation
- Works with Executive Director to develop financial targets and budgets for the different service locations, and works with brand or branch managers to translate them into targets for their teams
- Develops stretching yet achievable budget profit plans which reflect company and manufacturer benchmarks
- Monitors financial progress and takes action to meet targets agreed in the business plan/budget
- Ensures operational efficiency of all brands and service locations by monitoring cash flow, stocks, assets and liabilities to deliver overall profit targets
- Examines accounts, operating controls and composite figures to initiate improvement as required
- Controls costs and expenditure within budgets, reviewing all debtor situations (customer and warranty) on a weekly/monthly basis
- Increases profitability by continually reviewing the financial structure and making adaptations (e.g. labour and warranty rates, service discounts, parts and labour pricing)
- Monitors and sanctions all Service expenditure personally or via delegated structures
- Works with the Executive Director to continually innovate and revamp systems and processes to stay ahead of competition and continually delight customers.
- Fosters positive OEM/Company relationships and meets agreed standards and objectives
- Sets, agrees and achieves division’s profit margins as defined within a company budget
- Sets, agrees and achieves individual brand/branch Key Performance Indicators with each Manager
- Reviews administrative systems, processes and personnel needs to ensure the company is operating within consumer/business law and requirements
- Ensures that effective processes, policies, systems and measurements are in place
- Constantly monitors and applies best management and operational practice principles from the wider automotive industry
- Ensures adequate measures are taken for the physical security of company assets. i.e. premises, equipment, vehicle and parts stocks
- Ensures the company’s database is operated effectively and meets the current Data Protection legislation
- Works with and actively encourages colleagues to seek out and deliver continuous improvements to the service provided to customers
- Manages and develops own team by recruiting, coaching, developing and implementing performance management across the business
- Works with managers and staff to monitor training needs and ensure that training and development plans are in place and adequately approved (where necessary by the Executive Director) in addition access to learning resources
- Works with managers to plan staffing levels and ensure that staff across the company are effectively recruited, managed, developed and rewarded
- Promotes team working and effective communication across the Service locations (e.g. by organising regular team meetings, sharing information)
- Develops and implements a logical succession plan for the whole service business
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or a related area.
- An advanced degree, such as a Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Technical Experience in Automotive Industry
- Experience in management of profit and loss within a business or business unit.
- Prior leadership experience (in the automotive sector is a plus)
- Strong customer service focus
- Experience in automotive KPI reporting
- Financial Planning skills
- Strategic Thinking/Planning skills
- People Management
- Strong Interpersonal/Communication skills
- Negotiation skills
2. Job Position: National Parts Manager
- Ensures the Parts team works closely with colleagues in Service, Sales and Administration to deliver outstanding customer service.
- Establishes and monitors the team’s training requirements to ensure the required level of skill and expertise is available.
- Implements performance management, coaches and develops the team to improve performance.
- Planning and implementing marketing activities (such as telemarketing, direct mailing, price marketing, event marketing).
- Manages the day to day operations of the Parts department to ensure the achievement of key targets.
- Maintains agreed profit margins and return on investment by selling the maximum amount of parts to trade and retail customers.
- Maintains an efficient parts service to other departments within the Company.
- Analyses sales data to place emphasis on selling the most profitable lines.
- Monitors customer activity and amends discounts where necessary.
- Implements systems to monitor and record lost sales, reviews data and takes appropriate action.
- Maintains stock levels, purchasing within agreed budgets.
- Proper ordering and monitoring to minimize parts obsolesce and value loss.
- Controls and meets budgetary spending targets, discussing significant variations with the relevant Manager.
- Monitors stock overheads and stock values, reporting any which exceed the budget to the Company.
- Analyses current procedures and identifies opportunities for improvement.
- Responsibility for all inventory management organizations (incoming goods, outgoing goods, storage rack organization, returning of warranty and replacement parts, inventory).
- Ensuring an efficient, cost-optimal warehousing, including involvement of logistics service providers where appropriate.
- Defining objectives for specific business fields, e.g. wheels, tires, air conditioning systems.
- Presenting and pricing accessories and Lifestyle products.
- Assists the Company to formulate parts sales strategy and policy.
- Develops a successful trade parts operation as part of the Company’s strategy and Identifies and pursues new business opportunities.
- Initiates, plans and promotes parts sales events and contributes to the Company’s annual marketing strategy.
- Maximizes customer satisfaction at all times and ensures absolute clarity in all customer transactions.
- Takes responsibility for the management of major accounts, identifying how customer service can be further improved.
- Works with colleagues and other teams across the Company to deliver improvements and provide a seamless service to customers.
- Uses feedback to improve skills and performance of self and the Parts team.
- Ensures the Parts team adheres to legal, environmental and health and safety requirements while ensuring the safety and security of people, vehicles and property at all times reporting any known faults or hazards.
- Ensures opportunities for sales by other teams are followed up by the appropriate colleague
Qualifications and Requirements:
- B.Sc and/or Technical and Engineering Degrees / equivalent with a minimum of five (5) years practice experience in Service department of Automobile Industry touching Workshop, Spare Parts, Training and Customer Relations
- Technical skills, knowledge and experience of the retail motor industry
- Experience of modern business methods
- Relevant knowledge of automotive parts business
- Experience in supply chain management
- Experience of vehicle legislation, consumer legislation and trade practices
- Experience in controlling clerical work, administration, organization and financial matters
- Proven track record in managing people and systems
- Knowledge of stock control systems
- Contact with distributors, fleet owners, trade outlets, shops selling parts and accessories
- Current driving license
- Computer skills, including experience of operating word processing and database packages, email and internet
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are hereby invited to apply for the various positions below:
Deadline: Not Specified